MAXIMUM OF 18.4 INDEX…….no 90% adjustment if 18.4 maximum requires greater than a 10% adjustment to actual index
ROUND 1 PLAY MUST BE COMPLETED BY FEB 28th
YOU MUST CONVERT YOUR INDEX NOTED ABOVE INTO A COURSE HANDICAP BASED UPON THE COURSE YOU PLAY!!!!!
YOU CAN DO THIS ON NCGA.ORG. OR AT THE COURSE. YOU MUST KNOW THE SLOPE RATING OF THE TEES YOU ARE PLAYING.
NEW INDEXES WILL BE PROVIDED FOR EACH ROUND
Rules for match Play - Individual format
- ** Your IAGA Match Play index is based on 90% of the NCGA Handicap Index at the beginning of the next round match period. Starting is December 15th index.
- ** Results can be called in (408) 568-9398 or emailed in……..please provide details of the match to Vineet Sharma so we can have some fun with it
- ** All matches MUST be conducted at ANY agreed to Course by both competitors.
- ** IF AGREEMENT CANNOT BE REACHED ON DESIGNATED COURSES, THEN MANDATORY VENUE IS POPPY RIDGE GOLF COURSE in Livermore
- ** This is a true match play………hole by hole
- ** Winner of the match is player who has won more holes than holes remaining
- ** If you are late for your tee time, opponent will tee off at scheduled time. If you are unable to reach by 3rd hole tee off, you will forfeit match
- ** Handicap indexes will adjust at the BEGINNING of the NEXT ROUND per the 15th of the prior month NCGA updates
- ** A maximum difference in handicaps within a match cannot exceed 18 strokes.
- ** The difference in strokes must be provided to the player with the higher handicap
- ** The strokes are given on the hardest handicap holes starting with the #1 handicap hole and so on……. The player with the fewest NET strokes is the winner of the hole. Player with most holes won is the winner of the match.
- ** In the IAGA FINALS a Maharaja player WILL BE playing a Tiger player……Both players will play from the BLUE tees For matches WITHIN the flights, Maharaja plays from BLUE TEES and TIGER plays from WHITE TEES
- ***THERE WILL BE NO PLAYOFFS for ROUND 1, 2 OR Semi-Final Round Matches if tied after 18…….Tie breaker is from the CARD!!!
- **** FOR CARD PLAYOFF….GO TO BACK NINE .…WINNER OF BACK NINE IS WINNER OF MATCH
- *** IF TIED AFTER BACK NINE TIE BREAKER…..GO TO HOLES 13-18…IF TIED….HOLES 16-18
- *** IF TIED AFTER 16-18 ON CARD….GO TO #18….IF STILL TIED, THEN #1 HANDICAP, #2, AND SO ON TILL TIE IS BROKEN
- *** ALL PLAYOFFS ARE DECIDED BY THE CARD……..HANDICAP STROKES FALL AS PER ORIGINAL 18 HOLE MATCH!!!!
- *** FLIGHT FINALS & IAGA FINAL MATCHES, if tied after 18 holes, WILL BE PLAYED OFF ON THE COURSE STARTING WITH HOLE #1….SUDDEN DEATH!!!
- ** Players must contact each other to set up the match
- ** It is a request that the matches be conducted with other IAGA members present. Try to set foursomes and invite other IAGA member to play so that they can help officiate the match. If this is not possible, each match is responsible for declaring the winner AT THE COURSE…….
- ** All issues and controversies MUST BE DECIDED PRIOR TO LEAVING THE COURSE…….if decision cannot be reached bring the issue to the Tournament Committee……a 3 person body chartered with all final decisions
- ** If any doubts, play two balls
- ** AND REMEMBER, THIS IS IN THE SPIRIT OF FUN AND COMPETITION………KEEP THE INTEGRITY OF THE IAGA IN MIND AT ALL TIMES…………….
- ** FLIGHT MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONS WIN $250………
- ** IAGA FINAL MATCH PLAY CHAMPION WINS $500 & the IAGA MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP PERPETUAL TROPHY…….RUNNER_UP WINS $250
- ** MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTING SCORE AT CONCLUSION OF ROUND…..post as Non-Tournament