A little story for holiday season.
Once upon a time, 20 years ago, there were these 4 Indian guys who loved to play golf. They would go to the golf course all the time. They were not very good players, but they were the best desi players of their time and the LOVED the game. They loved the etiquette of the game. The spirit of the game. The integrity and honesty of the game. The purity of the game. The gentlemanly sportsmanship of the players. It was what was good about humanity.
It felt unnatural to these desi's but they kept at it. Playing most rounds with three other non-desi's.
Then, like the Brady Bunch....one day one of them met the other. Then the two met another....and then the three of them met the fourth. With each meeting the thoughts of rudeness, yelling, controversy, desi-panti on a golf course danced in their heads. It was a marriage made in Shadi.com. Their profiles matched perfectly.
IAGA was born!!!! With all it's glory!!! It was everything a desi golfer wanted. A weekend filled with sounds of ma/bhen directed at no person in particular, but rather at a helpless little ball, which didn't even move. The word spread. Golf desi eshtyle took the Bay Area by storm. From it all, the enduring mission of IAGA was formed.......to embellish the spirit of the Indo American community in Northern California through the game of golf. IAGA was the FIRST TRUE START UP.......with NO EXIT strategy!!!
We are proud to present to the 2017 Membership........IAGA 20.0. This is our 20th anniversary season. Welcome to the 2017 IAGA Tour.
In this grand celebratory year, IAGA will be rocking even more!!!!! Here are the details for 2017. Thanks to each and every one of you here today and to ALL IAGA members throughout the years whose participation, whether for one month, one year or all 20 years, have allowed IAGA to flourish and impact MULTIPLE generation of desi golfers. YOU ARE IAGA and YOU ROCK!!!!
With tremendous excitement, the IAGA Committee presents IAGA 20.0:
- ALL RENEWALS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED!!!!!
- What a great way to start the year!!!! Cancel ALL memberships!!!!
- This is due to some changes implemented in on line processing to enhance security.
- ALL MEMBERS MUST RENEW THEIR MEMBERSHIPS ON LINE
- This is a ONE TIME activity. It will be auto renewed going forward (unless major changes occur in future years).
- If you DO NOT intend to renew, you MUST inform IAGA via reply to this email by DECEMBER 31, 2016. Any cancels AFTER December 31, 2016 will be charged $100 processing fee.
- New members who signed up on or after August 1, 2016 will have their IAGA membership run through the entire 2017 season. No action needed from these members.
We have over 120 members in IAGA today. The most ever in our history.
We will be playing 9 FULL regular season events in 2017 and we will conduct 2 JUNIOR Championships. Here is the schedule:
- February, 18.....Yocha De He.....9:30 SHOTGUN start
- March 11........Coyote Creek Golf Course.....9:30 Shotgun start
- April 29th......Wente Golf Course.....9:30 Shotgun start
- May 27th.....Eagle Ridge Golf Course.....9:30 Shotgun start
- June 17th.....Hiddenbrooke.......9:30 Shotgun start
- July 8th......Half Moon Bay......MAJOR.....8:30 shotgun start
- August 5th.....POPPY HILLS.....9:30 SHOTGUN start....that's right, we finally earned a shotgun start at POPPY HILLS!!!!! We have arrived!!!!
- August 20th....JUNIOR/SENIOR Team event. Dublin Ranch...1pm shotgun start. For the junior members!!!
- September 9th.....EDGEWOOD TAHOE.....9:30 Shotgun start. THAT"S RIGHT.....IAGA goes to TAHOE....LOCK THIS DATE IN FOR A GREAT FAMILY WEEKEND.
- September 30/October 1.....BRIDGES GOLF COURSE...CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
- October 15th.....JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP...1pm Shotgun start...DUBLIN Ranch Golf Course.
What a great line up for our 20th year Anniversary!!!! We hope you will make ALL of the events!!! All of the IAGA events are regular stroke play events.
MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS: A very popular category of competition within IAGA. We will conduct 2 Match Play Championships......Individual and Team. However, there is a IAGA 20.0 twist to the INDIVIDUAL Championships:
- Since IAGA and it's membership regard themselves as no less than the PGA pro's....other than skill level.......IAGA will format the INDIVIDUAL Match Play Championships similar to the World Match Play Championship. 8 Brackets. All players within the bracket will play a match with each other. The player with the most points will advance OUT of that bracket into the QUARTERFINALS. From the Quarterfinals till the Championship result, it will be ONE and DONE......with winners advancing. This will provide for players who enter the event to play at least 3 Matches to demonstrate their prowess. Luck WILL NOT be a factor as skill prevails over a series of matches
- TEAM Match Play is rather competitive as is and will continue in it's regular format. Partner handicap differnce cannot be more than 9 strokes.
- All Match Play Championships will be from WHITE TEES!!!!
- NCGA indexes with 80% of course handicap. A maximum of 24 handicap for Match Plays. A player cannot get more than 18 strokes in a match.
- Post your Match Play score. If previous match score is not posted, next match handicap will be reduced by 50%.
- Details for both will be announced shortly. Suffice it to say.......SIGN UP EARLY FOR BOTH EVENTS AS THEY WILL SELL OUT. THERE ARE ONLY 32 SLOTS OPEN FOR EACH. FOR TEAM.....PLAYERS WHO SIGN UP AS A TEAM WILL HAVE PRIORITY FOR ENTERING THE EVENT. PICK YOUR PARTNERS QUICKLY!!!!
- Poppy Ridge is the default course.
- For 2017, IAGA 20.0 is seeking to make each flight even more competitive. Bottom line is, we want IAGA members to get better and better.
- 3 flights
- Maharaja max handicap = 10
- Tiger max handicap = 17
- Cobra max handicap = 24
HANDICAP & POSTING:
- Members MUST post a minimum of 5 official rounds of golf (playing with another witnessing golfer), PRIOR to the CLUB Championship.
- Members MUST post their Match Play scores on their own.
- A handicap reduction of up to 50% is possible for the Club Championship if the above requirement is not met.
- All scores must be posted in accordance with the ESC adjusted stroke scoring rules. If you don't know what this is ......learn it and apply it during all your rounds: Click Here to know more.
Members, what a great year we have ahead of us. It will be full of fantastic competition, fun and camaraderie.......just as the founders of IAGA intended. We are so thrilled to Welcome you all to the 2017 20th Anniversary season. Everything will be BIGGER, BOLDER and BOISTEROUS in 2017 and YOU will be at the heart of it. Lock in ALL the dates on your calenders TODAY. Give notice to the family of your absence ONCE A MONTH for IAGA!!!!
ALWAYS remember to bring your friends into IAGA. With the growth of the club we have secured a SHOTGUN start at POPPY HILLS in 2017. With continued growth, we inch closer to our desired state of playing ALL events as exclusive to IAGA by BUYING OUT the courses!!!!
See you at Yocha in February and stay tuned for more details.
Till then .....a very happy and safe holiday season to all!!!! HO!!! HO!!!! HO!!!