We have finally finalized the Eagle Vines event and wanted to highlight and recognize the winners of this tough, tough venue. EAGLE VINES turned out to be a revival of the RENAISSANCE........the old guard prevailed amongst all of the newest challengers. It goes to show you......despite best efforts, some things NEVER change:
- Maharaja Flight - PRADEEP BAKSHI rises from the forgotten with a GROSS 77. It was a battle till the end as KABIR SINGH gave a final charge that ended with a 3 putt on the final hole. CONGRATS PRADEEP.
- Tiger Flight - FELIX SOLOMON rises from the hospital bed to squeak out a win by one stroke over fast rising MUNISH MEHTA. Felix has had so many injuries over the past year that his insurance company is losing $$$ on him. GREAT COMEBACK FELIX.
- Cobra Flight - ANIRUDH JOSHI is back in the winners circle again with a ONE stroke victory over PRADEEP PAL. Congrats ANIRUDH!!!! The JOSHI name is becoming a main stay in IAGA victory lane!!!! All three flights resulted in tight, tight finishes with a ONE stroke victory. CLUTCH performances!!!!
- Closest to the Pin - SATISH DALAL
- Long Drive Maharaja - KABIR SINGH
- Long Drive Tiger/Cobra - SAMIT RAO
And as always, some nice SKINS wins by many players. There are only TWO EVENTS to get qualified for the MAJOR at Half Moon Bay. Attached is the cutline AFTER EAGLE VINES.
The Golfer of the Year competition is also heating up but MUNISH MEHTA is the standout leader in the TIGER flight with a 140 point lead. The other two races have PRADEEP BAKSHI with a strong 60 point lead over SUHAS KULKARNI in the Maharaja Flight and there is a dead heat tie between ANIRUDH JOSHI & PRAVAT LALL in the Cobra flight.