Friends of IAGA and Home of Hope,
YOU DID IT!!!! Under gorgeous skies, perfect playing conditions, a course that was in immaculate shape, food that hit the spot during the round, and a cuisine that kept the mouth watering post round, an EXCITING and FUN event was held at Wente Golf Course on Saturday, May 30th. ALL FOR THE KIDS OF HOME OF HOPE.
A very heartfelt thank you from the Home of Hope staff and the IAGA team for your participation in this 3rd Annual IAGA Home of Hope Inter Club Championships.
While the Audi A8L was driven back to the showroom and the $1,000,000 was put back in the insurance companies pocket, a GREAT time was had by all in pursuit of the riches offered during this event.
We had 102 golfers vying for the multiple championships and we had a RECORD BREAKING score by the overall Champion. PRADEEP BAKSHI had a phenomenal round and established a new Scoring Record in Bay Area Indo American tournament play with a GROSS 3 under par 69 to take home the overall Championship. CONGRATS PRADEEP.
There were many other record breaking wins in the event, however it is important to note that THERE WAS A SCORING ERROR by the software that was used to calculate the COMPETITIVE team event. As a result, the wrong team was awarded the win. This was discovered AFTER the conclusion of the event and the CORRECT team is noted below and will be awarded new trophies and gift baskets in recognition of their win during the IAGA Major event at Half Moon Bay.
Here are the record breaking results (all results are attached as well for detailed scoring review....scroll all the way through the attachment to get the full picture of the player names in team events):
- Long Drive Champion in the Competitive Flight from IAGA - KABIR SINGH
- Long Drive Champion in the Recreational Flight from AUDI - SANJAY DATTA
- Closest to the Pin Champion from IAGA - ATUL SOLANKI
- RECREATIONAL flight TEAM Champions at 14 UNDER from WENTE GOLF CLUB- ANUP AGGARWAL, GAURAV PASSI, RAJ KAUSHALl, SANJAY GULATI
- COMPETITIVE flight TEAM Champions at 17 under from IAGA (in a tie breaker) - SANDEEP MALIK, RAJESH HOODA, ROHAN DALAL, SANDEEP MALIK
- LOW GROSS and OVERALL Champion from STANFORD GOLF CLUB - Gross 69 - PRADEEP BAKSHI
- LOW NET CHAMPION from STANFORD GOLF CLUB - Championship Flight - Net 66 - PRADEEP BAKSHI
- LOW NET CHAMPION from IAGA - Masters Flight - Net 70 (tie breaker) - SAM VARGHESE
- LOW NET CHAMPION from IAGA - Players Flight - Net 73 - RAJESH HOODA
This event could not have happened in the quality manner that it did without the support of ALL of our VOLUNTEERS.....standing ovation!!!! They worked hard at the event to make sure each player was attended to and the pace of play was good and all activities were monitored to ensure a FUN TIME by all. GREAT JOB volunteers and THANK YOU!!!!
In addition, our SPONSORS also deserve a standing ovation as without them, the KIDS OF HOME of HOPE would not be receiving as large a benefit as they have provided. It is their selfless desire to use this event as the catalyst to help the KIDS of HOME of HOPE that makes this event so much more worthwhile. THANK YOU SPONSORS. A special recognition of their significant contributions in fund raising is extended to:
- Shikha and Jeevak Bhatia - Mywebtrips.com. If you need travel arrangement made, contact Shikha. They are excellent at what they do and come highly recommended by IAGA members
- Reshmi Nair of Jalsa catering - www.jalsasf.com. They are the BEST in the Bay Area. Award winning and one of a kind catering needs.
- Velchamy Sankarlingam - for donating the one week stay in Palm Springs at the golfing Mecca.
- Sabeer Bhatia - for the donation of his 62 foot yacht for 15 people to enjoy a 4 hour cruise on the Bay in gorgeous weather.
- Phil Pamatmat - for his efforts to secure an exquisite Scandinavian Design recliner
- Rita Sharma from Rita Sharma Insurance Agency (Farmer's) - for sponsoring the $1,000,000 shot of a lifetime. Great fun. For all your insurance needs, there is nobody better.
- Ravi Krishnaiah - for securing the foursome round of golf at Bridges.
- The many anonymous doners who provided cash donations ranging from $500 - $2500.
In particular, a special shout out to AUDI of STEVENS CREEK. They have always stepped up in a BIG WAY to support this event and this year was no exception. If you are in the market for an AUDI.......call Cassandra Crawford at Audi of Stevens Creek and let her know you were part of the Home of Hope event and you will be well taken care of. THANKS CASSANDRA AND SANJAY!!!!
And a big hats off to our Wente staff and catering team that helped us pull off a beautifully organized and implemented event. They helped ensure the course was in great condition, the food was scrumptious, and the details were covered. Appreciate the hard work TROY, HEATHER, Chef FARZI & JEFF and the entire TEAM!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Finally, a big round of applause to the Home of Hope board members and their entire committee for the effort to help in putting this event together. Their efforts with the KIDS of HOME of HOPE is what this event is all about. Sure we have some fun playing golf, but at the end of the day, it is great to be able to help this selfless team with a few more $$$ that can make such a HUGE difference in India. This entire ogranization of Home of Hope is a Volunteer based organization. That means every $$$ we raised at the golf event, went right to the KIDS of HOME of HOPE.
Thank you players for once again making this 3rd Annual IAGA Home of Hope Inter Club Championship a fantastic day!!!! We look forward to having you return to defend your titles, and for those who were not in the running, get yourselves on the Championship podium.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE KIDS OF HOME OF HOPE!!!! As mentioned at the event......you can always go onto the Home of Hope website whenever you are compelled to MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the life of an underpriveledged child and make a donation. www.hohinc.org
If any participants are seeking to play golf in a high quality, competitive environment, please go to the IAGA website and get yourself signed up. www.iagagolf.com. We would love to have you be a part of the PREMIER golfing group in the Indo American community in Northern California.
See you next year!!!!!