IT NEVER RAINS ON AN IAGA EVENT!!!! You better show up cuz IAGA plays no matter what!!!!!
So with clouds hovering all around......rain having pelted the Bay Area throughout the week......it was looking ominous for the Official Kickoff of the 2018 IAGA Tour at Coyote Creek Tournament course.
With a breakfast menu fit for kings.......BTW, Thanks for the great feedback on the GREAT food (it will be one our key points of focus for our events going forward cuz worst case you can go home and say "at least the food was GREAT" when asked "how was your game"), we kicked off the season with the largest field in IAGA history.
76 players tee'd off with great enthusiasm and optimism on a course with greens that were in tremendous shape given all the rain. The greens were rolling smooth. Lift, Clean, Place in the Fairway only made for perfect lies (IF you were in the fairway).
Along with a 15 minute sprinkle downpour in the middle of the round which gave way to beautiful sunshine and great conditions the rest of the day, the Coyote event provided some fantastic highlights to include:
- 15 new members were introduced
- 5 guests joined with their hosts
- 12 Past Club champions (all flights) were entered
- Recognition to Preet Aulakh for his Charity Challenge which raised over $950 at Yocha towards Cancer Treatments for rural villagers in India as well as Home of Hope charities. We will do this again.
- The season long Challenge Cup was kicked off. You have to show up in a regular season stroke play event and you will be entered automatically
- Tight competition as each flight was won by ONE stroke or in a playoff
Here are the results:
- LOW GROSS - MAHESH KARANTH - Gross 82 (3 way tie breaker)
- LOW NET MAHARAJA - MUNISH MEHTA - Net 73
- LOW NET TIGER - MANOJ JOSHI - Net 71
- LOW NET COBRA - NARINDER MAHAL - Net 74
- Closest to the Pin - RICHARD MANN
- Long Drive - Maharaja - ADITYA RANJAN
- Long Drive - Tiger - VISHAL MALAKAR
- Long Drive - Cobra - MADHAV NARASIMHAN
- SKINS WINNERS (attached)
Also attached is the first update on the Qualification for the First MAJOR of the Season at Half Moon Bay in July. For our newcomers, you must QUALIFY to participate in the MAJOR Championship in July. There is a cut line. You must be above the cut line through the first 5 events. If you are, you are qualified for all the glory and double prizes that are associated with the MAJOR in IAGA!!!! Don't get left out. You have 3 events left to Qualify!!!!
And so the 2018 IAGA Tour now moves to the always challenging......EAGLE VINES Golf Course. Read it again.....EAGLE VINES in NAPA......NOT Eagle Ridge.