Happy Post Royal Wedding Day to all. We had a grand reception for the Royal Wedding hosted by our members at Wente Golf course yesterday and it was a fantastically attended affair with a meal fit for a king.
But before we get too far into the Wente event, we need to play a little catch up. The Wente final results will be tabulated over the next week and published shortly.
In the meantime, let's revel and cheer the winners of our previous event at the very challenging Eagle Vines venue. It too was a sold out event with the longed for summer weather eluding us once again. Players were greeted to overcast skies and some tough conditions but some of our boyz brought their A games.
Congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions. One of the highlights was a clear SWEEP of the skins in the Maharaja flight by ABI VIKRAM who was the only skins winner for that flight and took home ALL THE $$$$$. This follows the defence of his match play title at the SF City Match Play Championships. Quite a month of golf for ABI.
Here are the results from Eagle Vines:
- LOW GROSS Winner - RAVI KRISHNAIAH. Ravi is a past Club Champion and was able to navigate the Eagle Vines venue with a GROSS 82. Tells you how tough the course was playing.
- LOW NET Winner - SUNIL MAYUR. Net 73. Didn't take SUNIL long to make his presence felt in the MAHARAJA flight. He dominated in 2017 in the Tiger flight and said....move me to Maharaja. I will own that flight too. Should we get used to this name in the winners circle???
- LOW NET Winner - RAJESH HOODA. Rajesh had a brilliant NET 67 to win by 3 shots over SAMIT RAO and the always dangerous past champion KULWANT SIDHU. Good to see RAJESH get back to his winning form.
- LOW NET Winner - JITENDER GEHLAUT. In normal circumstances, a NET 64 is a runaway winner. But not in this case. JITENDER needed all of that game to hold off a fast charging MADHAV NARASIMHAN by 2 shots. MADHAV is always memorable at an IAGA event. Find the most ecclectic pants........THAT will be Madhav.
CLOSEST TO THE PIN
- Not your easiest of CTP holes with a 160 yard 60 foot drop to the green, but ZORAWAR BIRI SINGH found the right club in his bag to nail this one.
- MAHARAJA - ADITYA RANJAN.......straight and long. Expect nothing less from the Defending Club Champion.
- TIGER / COBRA - FELIX MANICKAM. An up and comer in the TIGER flight. Keep an eye out for FELIX!!! SKINS payouts were quite rich at Eagle Vines. Besides ABI's sweep, there were only 3 skins winner paid out in each of the other respective flights. Nice returns!!!!
Congrats again to all the winners. Attached are the final results and payouts which have already been sent via PayPal.
Pay close attention to the other attachments which shows how you are positioned in the race for the first MAJOR of the year at Half Moon Bay golf course in July.
You have to QUALIFY for being entered into the MAJOR field at Half Moon Bay. While we will still have a regular IAGA event at Half Moon Bay on the same day, only the QUALIFIERS are eligible for the BONUS payouts and prizes!!!! Be sure you are above the cut line as we get closer to JULY.