What a FANTASMIIC day it was on the fairways and greens of EDGEWOOD in August. Tons of fun was had by the 24 players who made the trek. Some of them actually made a same day trek as babies were about to be born.....but golf had to be played!!!!! Congrats to ADITYA RANJAN and his wife for the birth of the next generation of IAGA player, ARYAN TIGER RANJAN (not sure if that is his real middle name, but it's what ADITYA is calling him).
With distractions all around with the venue, the blue sky, the nature, the MILKSHAKES, the awesome post round lunch and drinks by the lake, GOLF was played and it was memorable.
An amazing GROSS 73 was shot on a tough, tough, venue!!!! YES you saw that correct. GROSS 73. Lowest GROSS score in IAGA this year and perhaps EVER on a 140 slope venue. CONGRATS TO KABIR SINGH for being in the groove and taking down the LOW GROSS of the event.
- A memorable 82 with a smooth 39 on the back nine, got PREET AULAKH the LOW NET of the MAHARAJA flight.
- We had a runaway and hide winner in the COBRA Flight as the hottest golfer in IAGA, HARSHA SASTRY, shot a net 64 to dominate the flight by 9 shots over SEAN CHAHAL's net 73.
- A very tight battle in the COBRA flight as Dr. KANWALJIT MANN needed every putt to beat out RICHARD MANN (not related so no collusion theories please) by one stroke with a NET 74.
- Long Drive winners were the bombers of the day.......ADITYA RANJAN was pumped up with the pending birth in the MAHARAJA flight.
- Dr. KANWALJIT MANN took the long drive in the TIGER/COBRA flight.
- Dr. MANN was not in the mood for sharing at EDGEWOOD as he also takes the Closest to the Pin award.
- As ALL prizes payouts were doubled, the winners cashed in.......CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!
- Lots of skins were won across all flights with the wealth spread out fairly evenly. (disregard the number of players showing for skins in Tiger and Cobra flights. The $$$ are correct in terms of total payout).
With just ONE event left, the GOLFER OF THE YEAR race is winding down and is closed out in the MAHARAJA flight. The other two flights will be battling down to the wire at BAYONET!!!
- ASHISH BHATNAGAR = 340 points.......NOBODY can catch him!!!! Congrats ASHISH for a GREAT YEAR!!!!!
- SUNIL MAYUR = 220 points
- HOT HOT HARSHA SASTRY = 280 points
- MANOJ JOSHI is giving chase = 200 points
- KAMAL AHLUWALIA has an outside shot to take it all = 180 points
- PRASAD UPADHYAYULA has been on top from the start = 340 points
- MADHAV NARASIMHAN is on the prowl = 260 points
Let's see how they finish out.
We are down to our final two events of the year to conclude our FINAL FOUR GRAND FINALE of the 2018 IAGA Tour. A tons of fun MAJOR at Half Moon Bay. A FUNTASMIC outing at EDGEWOOD. A golfers challenge awaits at BAYONET next weekend.............aaaaannnndddd
The GRANDEST FINAL event .....the 2018 36 hole CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP in October at the TOURNAMENT Course at COYOTE CREEK.
And in between it all, is the DRAMA filled SEMI FINALS and FINALS of the 2018 INDIVIDUAL & TEAM MATCH PLAY Championships!!!! Wow....Wow....and more Wow!!!!
What a way to go!!!!!
Hope to see you all there over the next two events and all the best to the Match Play finalists!!!!
Enjoy the pics of the desi boyz!!!